United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Enterprise Application Support
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To ensure continuous uninterrupted support of Regulatory and Compliance Application Support Application Enterprise wide within the frame of the agreed service levels through best practices.
- To ensure business continuity and disaster recovery operations of Regulatory and Compliance Application Support Application Enterprise wide and ensure there is 99.99% service availability and zero data loss in the event of disaster events.
- To apply proven communication and Service Management skills on issues related to the support of Regulatory and Compliance Application Support Application Enterprise wide.
Documentation of Enterprise architecture baseline:
- Ensure proper documentation of Enterprise Application support process / procedures and Configuration items.
- Ensure up-to-date procedures for both end-users and operators of these systems.
- Ensure timely understanding of any new software integration into company systems.
- Ensure preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software is carried out as and when due.
- Ensuring smooth running and availability of 99.99% Payment System Application 24 x 7×365
Project Delivery Effectiveness:
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Perform any project task as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Enterprise Application Support UBA Africa.
Accuracy of application Configuration to reduced errors resulting from inaccurate configuration of data:
- Take necessary and prompt corrective actions to ensure the achievement of set objectives.
Issue Closure within TAT:
- Ensure that support Issue raised by the business are resolved within the agreed TAT.
- Ensure mitigation against future occurences
- Render periodic report for management descision making.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Unit Head, Other Banking App Support & Monitoring.
Key Performance Indications
- IT Operations cost management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Operational downtime associated with Payment System Application Support
- IS Audit & Regulatory exceptions relating to IT Operations & Infrastructure
- Service uptime
- Employee satisfaction level
- Career development
- First degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems Engineering or Operational sciences with strong Information Systems component.
- Post graduate degree, MBA and / or technical certifications will be an advantage.
- 2 years relevant experience within a technology intensive environment (Financial Services, Telecommunications, etc)
Key Competency Requirements:
- Applications support (ASUP L2)
- IT Operations (ITOP L2)
- Problem management (PBMG L3)
- Information security (SCTY L3)
- Service level management (SLMO L2)
- Configuration management (CFMG L3)
- Change management (CHMG L3)
- Release and deployment (RELM L3)
Remuneration and Benefits
- Negotiable and competitively structured in line with the industry pay standards.
Application Closing Date
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.