Teach for Nigeria is focused on developing a movement of leaders across the nation who are committed to putting an end to educational inequity.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program
About The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship
- The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment that is designed to build a movement of leaders who will work towards eliminating educational inequity in Nigeria.
- The fellowship is an opportunity for Nigeria’s brightest and most promising individuals to serve as full-time teachers to students from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
- As a Fellow, you will set targets and work towards ambitious goals that will put your students on a different life path. The experience will not only develop your leadership skills but also give you first-hand exposure to the educational crisis in our country. It will help you develop an awareness of the wider issues relating to educational inequity – and deepen your understanding of their potential solutions.
- We believe every child has the right to develop the academic excellence, and mind-sets to thrive in the classroom while gaining access to opportunity to determine their own pathways and meaningfully engage with their communities. Therefore, we ground our teacher and leadership development training on outcomes and strategies that will transform the educational trajectory of the students we serve through a rigorous and extensive training program which begins with a six weeks Training Institute.
- Through the two years Fellows receive ongoing support through a combination of in-person training sessions, leadership forums, as well as online training courses and resources. Additionally, we will build partnerships with key public and private sector entities in order to develop pathways to accelerate alumni leadership in critical areas.
- After the two-year program and as an Alumni, you will be supported to use these skills and knowledge to advocate for and lead educational reform in whichever path you choose.
Become a Fellow
- As a Fellow, you will set targets and work towards ambitious goals that will put your students on a different life path.
- The experience will not only develop your leadership skills but also give you first-hand exposure to the educational crisis in our country.
- It will help you develop an awareness of the wider issues relating to educational inequity – and deepen your understanding of their potential solutions.
The Fellowship Selection Process
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship is a highly selective program. We attract applications from leaders from different workplaces and graduates from the best universities across the world. Through the 3-staged process, we select the candidates with the highest potential to make a difference.
Stage 1: The Application Form
- Your application will help us understand your experiences, your motivation to join the Teach For Nigeria fellowship and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship.
Stage 2: Online Test
- If we find you a good fit for the fellowship through your application, you will be invited to take an online test.
Stage 3: Assessment Center
- If successful in your Online Test, we will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of our selection process. Here, you will teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in a group activity, and participate in a one-on-interview with our assessors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Applicants will be informed of the status of their application before the end of the recruitment cycle for the 2021 fellowship
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.