UNDP Jobs 2020/2021 Vacancy for Supervisor, Security Operations Centre – Supervisor, Security Operations Centre. Apply for UNDP Vacancy Recruitment 2020/2021. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor, Security Operations Centre
Job ID: 31018
Locations: Lagos, Enugu, Port-Harcourt – Rivers, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Sokoto, Yola – Adamawa, Damaturu – Yobe, and Maiduguri – Borno (with roster)
Practice Area – Job Family: Crisis Prevention and Recovery – Security Management
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Position Type: Common System
Bereau: Crisis Prevention & Recovery
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Senior SOC/S and overall supervision of the respective FSCO, the SOC/S assists in the implementation of Security Communications System (SCS) and other operational communications related tasks to the implementation of safety and security for UN personnel within respective Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- The SOC/S is required to provide timely and accurate technical advice to Senior SOC/S keeping the designated Security Area Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) informed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- To ensure undisrupted functioning of SCS within AOR.
- To ensure that the Area SOC keeps a 24/7 watch to collect all available info in their AOR and send it to the FSCO and the Senior SOC/S through the Country SOC.
- To monitors the security situation within AOR;
- To monitor/track/report UN movement and activities within giver AOR.
- To maintain and update the Daily Staff List for respective AOR.
- To keep informed designated FSCO on all area-specific security and safety matters.
- To serve in the shift duty and manage the activity and performance of the staff of the SOC.
- To support Senior SOC/S to consolidate the integrated UN SCS in his area (GSM and Satellite transmission of data and voice for the UN AFPs).
- To maintain the availability of HF, UHF and/or VHF radio communication means for extreme emergencies.
- To assist designated FSCO in the implementation Security Plan;
- To plan and conduct communications training exercises and regular SCS checks/drills;
- To provide technical communications support to Senior SOC/S; to provide technical support to the logistical issue of procurement, maintenance, and repair of communications equipment.
- To advise Senior SOC/S of practical means to enhance communication capability.
- To draft and disseminate the Security Information Threat (STIs) notices, alerts, warnings, advisories, and updates.
- To draft and disseminate Daily Media Monitoring Reports;
- Any other task directed by designated FSCO and Senior SOC/S.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security program within given AOR through the functioning, effective, and efficient communications of information and instructions, particularly during emergency conditions.
- The functions and associated key results ensure UN policy compliance and practical capabilities throughout the AOR.
- Respect for diversity
- Planning and Organizing
- Client orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Managing Performance
- Building trust
- Judgment/decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- High school and technical qualification in communications.
- The bachelor degree is preferred but not a requirement.
- Recognized certificates in radio communication is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in practical communications implementation, preferably in the military or police context, or related field of work.
- Prior experience with the UN system or international NGOs is an advantage.
- Fluency in English language.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.