United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DriverJob Number: 532847
Work Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Key Functions, Accountability And Related Duties / Tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Documentation of vehicle-related information
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery, and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
Maintenance of assigned vehicle:
- Ensures vehicle is always kept in good running condition through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information:
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
Impact of Results:
- The efficiency and efficacy of the support provided by the Driver ensures the safe and timely transportation of staff, officials and visitors to work assignments and the efficient maintenance of vehicles owned/rented by the office, thus supporting the efficient running of the office which in turn strengthens UNICEF’s capacity in delivering programmes for the most vulnerable women and children in that particular country.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience working in an international organization, embassy or UN system, is an asset.
- Knowledge and skills in minor vehicle repair is an asset.
- Fluency in any of the local languages of the duty station and proficiency in English is required.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (I)
- Drive for Results (I)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Analyzing (1)
- Learning and Researching (1)
- Planning and Organizing (1)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2020 at 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply and will be given priority.