Finance Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the finance manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software with the support from the finance manager.
- Assist the finance manager in the provision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the finance manager of any of disparity.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must possess a First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or any related field with strong numerical/analytical background.
- ICAN, ACCA, CFA, MSc, MBA certifications will be of added advantage
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- English Language essential
- Igbo language desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters to: Msfocb-Ebonyifirstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit the Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Liberation Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC Status.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- The vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria
Application Deadline 27th October, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.